The essence of Search Engine Optimization in 2020 cannot be overstated, and link building is perhaps the surest way to achieve a good SEO. Link building has grown to become a critical factor in determining Search Engine rankings. However, the basics of Link building seems to constantly elude people, this is why we have decided to create this comprehensive link building for SEO guide. Everything about this SEO technique will be explained, leaving you with more than enough insight on how to harness its potential.
What is Link Building?
Link Building simply refers to the process of getting other websites to link to pages on your website. Getting external pages to link to your website is no small, hence the importance of link building. Mastering the art of creating top-quality links can do wonders to your website, ensuring you are ranked high in SEO and guaranteeing an increase in traffic.
How does Link Building work and why is it so Important?
To understand and appreciate the importance of Link Building, you must first know how links and search engines work. Search Engines are always crawling the internet in search of new websites and information to add to their indexes. This is how they decide whether or not a page deserves to be ranked high for certain keywords. This decision is not just affected by the content and structure of the page, but also by the numbers of links directed to that page from external websites. In fact, backlinks are one of the top three key ranking signals, according to Google. Backlinks from several pages indicate a vote of confidence in the web page they are directed to. Your brand can be built by getting the right backlinks to your website. It is worthy of note that the quality of the links are also as important as the number of links. So you might be wondering, how do I build quality backlinks? Worry not, as we will answer your question next.
Tips on building top quality links for your web pages
Knowing all about how link building works will be futile if you do not know how to create quality links to your website. The factors that determine the quality of a link are always being modified, so it is important to stay up to date. We have curated tips on 2020 link building techniques, ensuring your website profits from link building. The tips are outlined below:
- Choose a page/website with high domain authority and internet reputation. Links from such websites carry more weight than those from random websites.
- Choose a page whose content is relevant to your website as search engines like Google take this seriously.
- Ensure the anchor text, which is the text that contains your page’s hyperlink, has a related text to your hyperlink/web page.
- Ensure a high number of link root domains, as they indicate more strength than actual number of links.
- Ensure your backlink is on a good position on the external page as this affects the weight of your link.
- Take advantage of your infographics since people are always searching for pictures, so they link back to your website.
There is no doubt that link building is a crucial part of modern day SEO. There is no reason why you should not devote time to this in your SEO strategy. Take advantage of the latest link building techniques explained in this article, and watch your website attain that high page rank you desire.
469 total views, 1 views today